Hyderabad is a cosmopolitan city in the southern Indian state of Telangana. Also known as the City Of Pearls, Hyderabad is famous for its bazaars that sell intricate diamond and pearl jewellery. This capital city has seen the rise and fall of many dynasties like Qutb Shahis, Mughals, and the Nizams, which has influenced the city’s rich culture and heritage. Hyderabad is easily accessible by rail, road, and air. Situated at a distance of 28 km from Hyderabad, Secunderabad Railway Station is the main railway station which connects Hyderabad to almost all major cities in India. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is the nearest airport. You can also choose to travel by road to Hyderabad via national highways NH-7, NH-9, or NH-163, which is linked to six major states in India.
Major Attractions :
● Charminar: Charminar is Hyderabad’s iconic landmark. It was built by Muhammed Quli Qutb Shah in 1591 in honour of plague victims. The 56-m high structure has four minarets and four arches which give you a vast view of the surrounding area.
● Ramoji Film City: Located at a distance of 32.5 km from Hyderabad, Ramoji Film City is the world’s largest integrated film studio and theme park. Have a truly cinematic experience with your family or friends at the amusement park and get a glimpse of Indian film industry.
● Golconda Fort: This massive fortress was built by Qutb Shahis. Hire a guide to learn about the history and architecture of the old fort.
● Falaknuma Palace: Designed by a European architect in the 19th century, Falaknuma Palace is a magnificent and luxurious mansion. Take a tour of the palace or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the fine dine restaurants.
● Qutb Shahi Tombs: Located close to Golconda Fort, the Qutb Shahi tombs are a cluster of tombs belonging to different Qutb Shahi rulers. Surrounded by landscape gardens, the mausoleum is an ideal place for taking pictures and admiring the beautiful architecture of the tombs.
When To Visit :
The best time to visit Hyderabad is during the winter season which lies between the months of November and February. It is an ideal time for exploring the city and visiting different monuments. The summer season from March to May experiences very hot weather and city tours can be exhausting. You may like to visit any time from June to September to enjoy the rainy-washed beauty of the city.