When we hear the word Goa, all that comes to our mind are party, wine, and tattoos. But that’s not all what Goa offers. It’s also about serene beaches, gorgeous sunsets, relaxing beach huts, and rich Portuguese heritage. So yeah, it is the ultimate destination for holiday, no matter what you want to do—Relax or party.
As Goa is the tourist capital of India, it is very well networked to all the major countries and cities across the nation. The nearest international airport is situated in Dabolim, which is just 26 km away from the state’s capital, Panjim. Also Goa has two major railheads located in Thivim and Madgaon, which are well connected to most of the cities in the country.
Major Attractions :
● Beaches: Beaches in north Goa like Baga, Calangute, and Anjuna are flooded with shacks which offer amazing seafood, live music, and mouth-watering cocktails and mocktails. These north-Goan beaches also offer an array of watersports like kayaking, surfing, and scuba diving. You must visit south-Goan beaches too (Palolem and Chapora) if you are looking for peace and serenity.
● Basilica of Bom Jesus: This excellent example of Baroque architecture is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of the most important Christian pilgrimage sites as it houses the mortal remains of the missionary Saint Francis Xavier.
● Dudhsagar Waterfalls: This picturesque multi-tiered waterfall, 310 metres in height, is located 60 km away from the capital city and is a pleasure to witness. You can even enjoy some swimming and rock climbing.
● Casino Royale Goa: This luxurious live casino is located offshore in Panaji. It is the only city is India which hosts casino, that too on a cruise.
● Forts (Chapora and Aguada): Aguada and Chapora forts are two of the beautiful examples of Portuguese architecture that dates back to 17th century. These forts overlook the Arabian Sea and, though very simplistic, are a must-visit for their breathtaking views.
When To Visit :
The weather in Goa remains moderate all round the year. But it’s best if you plan a trip between mid November and mid February. The weather is very pleasant and comfortable at this time, and also suitable for all the beach fun and water sports. Goa witnesses one the most awaited and popular international music festivals, Sunburn, in December. Additionally, Goa is drenched in extreme festive mood owing to Christmas and New Year celebrations during this period.